LEAVING CERT GRINDS
Subjects: Agricultural Science, Biology.
Location: Monksland, Athlone.
BSc. Honours degree in sustainable agriculture from DKIT (2019)
BSc. Ordinary degree in agriculture and environmental management from GMIT (2016)
Agricultural background running a small farm of cattle in County Longford.
• University and DAFM funded community environmental researcher in forestry and climate change in Maynooth University with ICARUS (Irish Climate Analysis and Research Units).
• Experience of laboratory demonstrations in 2019 to second year biomedical students in Maynooth studying environmental biology, environmental field studies and Immunology.
• also run a water quality page on twitter foused on the education of citizen science in an agricultural context regarding water quality. See links below for more.
• Garda vetted and member of IASTA (agricultural science teachers association) willing to do online lessons (SKYPE, TEAMS, or ZOOM whichever is preferred) with parental supervision if desired and will provide additional study aides for subject material.
• Willing to aid undergrads with biology and agricultural tutorials as well as proofreading for any college students with a proven competency in English( A2 in honours English for leaving cert) for project work, report work or overlooking a thesis for an agreed fee.
Price per hour: €20 per session – Free first session!
Appropriate study plan (schedule, payment, etc.) must be discussed in advance or in an initial pre-session (call) to ascertain goals. If interested, please get in touch!
https://twitter.com/WaterEmy - Citizen Science water quality page.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yhpyHFkGkk - Video detailing how to use a freshwater watch kit for testing water on the farm.