FULLY RESTORED CAR !!!
1966 Ford Mustang Coupe 4.7L - V8
The vehicle has been subject to a full nut and bolt restoration, taking 5 years to complete, during which several upgrades were included:
1) Full engine rebuild - including new pistons, valves, camshaft and followers
2) Tremec 5-speed gear box conversion - from Modern Driveline
3) Rear axle rebuild with new crown wheel and pinion - from Hauser Racing
4) Power Steering Upgrade - Borgeson
5) Power Disc Brake upgrade - CSRP Kit - based on '66 GT Kelsey Hayes setup
6) Rebuilt suspension using Scott Drake front kit and Eaton Springs (original spec) on the rears
7) American Racing 15" Torque Thrust Wheels
8) Locar Handbrake Conversion
9) BMW M3 front seat conversion - black leather
10) Complete new wiring loom
A few bodywork changes were made during the rebuild:
a) Shelby front valance - allows bumper installation
b) Shelby bonnet scoop - no hole cut in the bonnet
c) GT rear valance - exhaust tips through rear valance.
A full 'bare shell' restoration, including new panels, paint and parts.
'Gunmetal Grey' with new black vinyl interior on the back seat and black leather front seats.
The engine and suspension were completely rebuilt whilst the gearbox, steering and brakes were sympathetically upgraded to cope with modern driving conditions.
Ford Mustang from the sixties is a dream of many people, even those who are not always attracted by American motorization. Perhaps because the American cars of that time perfectly reflected the spirit of those years, they give a sense of freedom, unlimited possibilities that are within everyone's reach if they put enough heart and work into it. The vastness of work has certainly been made during the renovation of this copy.
Even if we look at its smallest details, we will not find shortcuts here.
This is a cult car after a thorough, meticulous renovation!!!